Skylands U8 Cross Ice Challenge League
- Skylands Cross Ice Challenge League is an intermediate league for kids ages 8 and under. Emphasis on fun, skill progression, and player development, it de-emphasizes stressful, high-pressure, game scenarios and ultra-competitive play. It's focus is more on individual skating, player skills & puck touches
- One practice per week on Mondays at 7:10 pm and 1 Game per weekend on Saturdays at 10 am.
- Summer 2018 Session June 18 - Aug 27th.
- Register online
Summer 3 V 3 League
- DIVISIONS: Mite/Squirt, Peewee/Bantam, Midget/Junior
- Play 8 weeks of 3 on 3 hockey
- All individuals will receive jerseys, be placed on a team for parity and will play one game on the Sundays for 8 weeks beginning July 8.
- Small area, fast paced, quick thinking action every week. Don't get left out of this league. Enroll now -space is limited. $250 per player.
- Register online
Summer Beginner Hockey Camp - Camp Director Patrick Choules
This camp is designed for players ages 5-15 that are new to the sport or have been playing hockey for a short time. The camp will introduce players to the game and the necessary skills and fundamentals needed in order to be a successful league player.
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Skating- Players will engage in on-ice instruction centered on balance, agility, proper skating technique and directional skating
- Stick Handling - Introduction of stick handling focusing on proper hand and stick positioning, range of motion and ability to skate while controlling the puck.
- Passing - Players will learn how to properly make an receive a pass. Empahsis will be placed on proper hand positioning as well as accuracy and pass retrieval.
- Shooting - Players will learn about th evariety of different shots and instruciton on hand positioning, proper weight transfer, power and accuracy
- $350 per player for full day camp,
- $199 for half days