LAFAYETTE, NJ – Sparta High School photography students won a number of awards at the Sparta Camera Club Photo Expo held last week at the Shoppes at Lafayette.
“In an almost all adult competition our students did exceptionally well,” photography teacher Christy Graham said. “It was nice to see their work among the best photographers in the county.”
The public was welcome to view the exhibition of works that had been judged in a competition on November 6 at the Sparta Ambulance Building.
At the competition, judges awarded photographs in several categories as well as a final award for Best in Show. The Best in Show recognition was selected by the judges from all of the blue ribbon winners in the different categories.
Joy Schmitz won the Best in Show for her monochrome Dogwood.
Sparta High School Student won a first, second, third and two honorable mentions.
- Thomas Trela took first for Pillars,
- Alexander Cohen took second for Raining Fire,
- Alexis Titus took third for Window to the Soul,
- Yasmeen Caswell took Honorable Mention for Myrtle Beach Pier
- Thomas Trela took Honorable Mention for NYC Skyline