SPARTA, NJ – On Friday night the Summer Arts Concert Series continues. The John Byrne Band will take the stage at the Dykstra Park bandshell at 7 p.m. for the free concert. The rain location is the auditorium at Mohawk Avenue School.
Traffic will be impacted on Saturday, July 27 between 6:45 and 11 a.m. for the 10th annual Pass it Along Triathlon, according to the Sparta Police Department
The event is schedules to start at the Lake Mohawk Country Club in White Deer Plaza. According to Pass it Along more than a thousand spectators are anticipated in the plaza and along the competition route.
Sparta police report Sussex County has approved temporary road closures on several roads:
- Traffic on Winona Road, West Shore Trail, and East Shore Trail will be limited and/or detoured.
- No overnight parking will be permitted on Friday, July 26 along both sides of West Shore Trail and White Deer Plaza. During the event, any Plaza customer will only be permitted in front of St. Moritz Grill and Bar.
Additional road closures will include:
- White Deer Plaza
- East Shore Trail - from the Plaza to Birch Parkway
- West Shore Trail -from the Plaza to North Shore Parkway
- Mohawk Avenue -incoming to Plaza
- Winona Parkway -outgoing to Woodport Road/Rt 181
Pass it Along expects hundreds of participants to bike, swim and run. According to the organization there have been 350 participants for the past nine years.
The price for registration begins at $104.00, and is currently open to the public
Police said they will make every effort to get motorists where they need to go, but delays are expected.
Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church is holding a Sizzlin’ Summer Tricky Tray on Saturday, July 27 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the church on 246 Woodport Road. For additional information call 973-729-7010.