SPARTA, NJ – Starbucks is open in Sparta North Village. The ribbon has been cut and people have been enjoying their favorite coffee whether from the drive thru or in the comfortable new shop where they can hang out with friends or jump on the wifi and get some work done.
“I can finally tell people we have a Starbucks in Sparta,” Mayor Molly Whilesmith said at the grand opening last week. “It has been just about the number one question people ask me ‘When are we getting a Starbucks?’”
Gathered to help cut the ribbon:
- Jen Pivarnik, Regional Director
- Cindy Pruss, District Manager
- Wayne DelVecchio, Store Manager
- Steve Soojian of Soojian Brothers Construction,
- Mike Conahay General Contractor for Soojian Brothers Construction
- Molly Whilesmith, Sparta MayorThe shop will be open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Whilesmith surprised some drive thru customers, serving their coffee and welcoming them to the new store.
DelVecchio has been a Sparta resident for seven years and has been with Starbucks for four years.
“I am excited to bring Starbucks to my hometown,” DelVechio said. “I’ve been pushing for this for a while. I’m happy to serve the people of Sparta.”
The shop will be open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. It is located at 2 North Village Boulevard, in the new ShopRite parking lot.