As New Jersey continues under a state of emergency due to the coronavirus, please know that our district office remains available to serve constituents by phone and email. Included below are links to information that you may find helpful, along with important state and national news updates related to COVID-19.
Important State News:
- The Numbers: New Jersey reported 3,489 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday, bringing the state total to 25,590 cases. There have been 537 deaths since the start of the coronavirus crisis, including 182 fatalities reported yesterday.
- Daily Briefing: Gov. Murphy will deliver a coronavirus briefing at 1 p.m. in Trenton. Click here to watch the livestream.
- Application Open for NJEDA Small Businesses Grants: The NJEDA has launched the application for its Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program. Apply here. A PDF detailing the program and application process is available here.
- NJTV Learning Live: Starting Monday, April 6, children throughout New Jersey will be able to tune into NJTV, New Jersey’s public television network, for NJTV Learning Live, a program featuring lessons taught by New Jersey teachers. Hour-long grade-level programs for grades 3-6 will begin at 9 a.m.
- Executive Order 113: Gov. Murphy signed an executive order yesterday authorizing the State Police and the Office of Emergency Management to commandeer property, including medical supplies and equipment. More info.
- State Tax Filing Deadline Extended: The tax filing deadline for individual income taxes and corporate business taxes will be moved from April 15th to July 15th.
- Blood Drives: An Administrative Order was signed yesterday to explicitly authorize blood donation drives to continue to meet the critical medical needs of New Jerseyans during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to donate blood.
- Reporting Child Abuse & Domestic Violence: April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Increased stress and isolation during this time could lead to increased incidents of family violence. Child abuse can be reported by calling 1-877-NJ-ABUSE. Similarly, domestic violence can be reported by calling 1-800-572-SAFE. Trained counselors can also be reached by texting NJ to 741-741.
- Volunteers: The State continues to look for qualified health, mental health, and related professionals to bolster our medical ranks. Sign up here.
- Donations: If you or your organization have personal protective equipment or medical equipment that healthcare workers can use, visit this website to fill out the donation form.
- U.S SBA Loan Program Opens: The U.S. Small Business Administration has made $350 Billion in loans available through commercial lenders to support businesses impacted by COVID-19. Click here for info.
- White House Mask Recommendation: Multiple news agencies are reporting that the White House may soon issue a recommendation that people wear cloth masks or other facial coverings to limit the transmission of the coronavirus.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Information for workers impacted by sickness, loss of employment, or reduction in hours.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Need work? Visit the State’s Jobs and Hiring Portal to connect with employers hiring today.
Questions or need assistance? Call or email our legislative office.