SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Department of Health has announced four additional coronavirus related deaths and 40 additional COVID-19 patients.
The Sussex County residents who have died include 78-year-old Andover man, 70-year-old Andover woman, 75-year-old Andover man and a 96-year-old Newton woman.
This brings the total COVID-19 related deaths in the county to 48.
Information from the state department of health shows as of April 17- 7,718 people were hospitalized due to COVID-19, 2,024 were in critical or intensive care with 1,641 required ventilators and 814 patients were discharged in the last 24 hours and 9,692 have been discharged since the start of the health crisis.
There is still no testing in Sussex County.
Newly reported coronavirus patients on April 18:
- Hamburg Borough, 36, female,
- Franklin Borough, 3 months, male,
- Hopatcong Borough, 62, male,
- Andover Township, 62, female,
- Green Township, 61, male,
- Vernon Township, 35, female,
- Franklin Borough, 42, female,
- Newton Town, 45, male,
- Newton Town, 32, female,
- Wantage Township, 93, female,
- Sparta Township, 25, female,
- Hardyston Township, 34, male,
- Lafayette Township, 5, female,
- Stillwater Township, 28, female,
- Ogdensburg Borough, 78, female,
- Byram Township, 27, male,
- Stanhope Borough, 61, male,
- Wantage Township, 61, female,
- Franklin Borough, 58, male,
- Andover Township, 91, male,
- Andover Township, 48, female,
- Andover Township, 82, male,
- Andover Township, 83, female,
- Andover Township, 66, male,
- Andover Township, 52, male,
- Andover Township, 91, female,
- Andover Township, 65, male,
- Andover Township, 83, male,
- Andover Township, 56, female,
- Frankford Township, 62, male,
- Frankford Township, 94, female,
- Frankford Township, 88, female,
- Frankford Township, 73, female,
- Frankford Township, 79, female,
- Frankford Township, 93, female,
- Newton Town, 96, female,
- Newton Town, 70, male,
- Andover Township, 78, male,
COVID-19 patients by town as of April 18:
- Andover Borough 2,
- Andover Township 118,
- Branchville Borough 3,
- Byram Township 29,
- Frankford Township 26,
- Franklin Borough 24,
- Fredon Township 10,
- Green Township 4,
- Hamburg Borough 17,
- Hampton Township 15,
- Hardyston Township 32,
- Hopatcong Borough 63,
- Lafayette Township 5,
- Montague Township 12,
- Newton Town 55,
- Ogdensburg Borough 10,
- Sandyston Township 4,
- Sparta Township 72,
- Stanhope Borough 13,
- Stillwater Township, 2,
- Sussex Borough 6,
- Vernon Township 63,
- Wantage Township 28.
While there is still no testing in Sussex County, the drive thru site at County College of Morris will be accommodating about 75 Sussex County residents each day, according to an announcement by the department of health.
The testing is done by appointment and people seeking to be tested must have a prescription from a doctor or medical provider according to the announcement. The CCM testing site will be accommodating approximately 240 Morris County residents each day, in addition to Sussex County residents.
“To be tested you must be in a vehicle, must have identification, must have an appointment and must have a prescription, preferably printed, from a medical provider,” the statement said. Appointments are to be made on the Morris County website.
The New Jersey COVID-19 dashboard reports as of April 18, there have been a total of 147,850 total tests reported; 81,420 positive tests, 81,116 negative tests and 4,070 deaths, related to coronavirus. Bergen County continues to have the most patients with 12,163 and 741 deaths.
Hudson County has the second highest count of residents with positive test results; 9,956 patients with 434 deaths. Essex County has 9,901 patients with and 732 deaths.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 734,552 confirmed cases with 3,698,534 people tested and 38,903 coronavirus deaths. New York City has reported 13,157 COVID-19 related deaths.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.
April 17, April 16, April 15, April 14, April 13, April 12, April 11, April 10, April 9, April 8, April 7, April 6, April 5, April 4, April 3, April 2, April 1, March 31, March 30, March 29, March 28, March 27, March 26, March 25, March 24, March 23, March 22, March 21, March 18