SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials announced seven additional cases and no additional deaths from COVID-19. The total number of cases in the county to 1284 with 195 deaths and 1080 recovered patients as of July 15.
On July 15 state officials announced the Rt rate is 0.93. and hospitalizations stood at 923 cases.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,660 deaths and 176,278 positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,742,347 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 15.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,927 coronavirus patients and 1,761 deaths, adding just one death overnight. Hudson County is reporting 19,193 positive tests and 1,309 deaths, reporting one additional death overnight.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,830 coronavirus related deaths, one more since yesterday and 19,100 positive test results.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard, the four counties with the fewest number of reported cases and coronavirus related deaths are Cape May County, Salem County, Hunterdon County and Sussex County, as of July 14.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 3,495,536 confirmed cases and 137,358 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 3.92%, down from 3.98% on Tuesday. As of July 15, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,427.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 241 with 112 deaths
- Branchville Borough 7 with one death
- Byram Township 58 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 87 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 20 with one death
- Green Township 22 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 32 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 54 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 135 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 14 with one death
- Montague Township 32 with four deaths
- Newton Town 108 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 115 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 22 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 138 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 60 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.