SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials did not have an announcement on Saturday. The total number of cases in the county to 1287 with 194 deaths and 1083 recovered patients as of July 17.
The New Jersey Supreme Court has announced it will hear the Republican challenge to Governor Murphy’s nearly $10 billion borrowing plan beginning August 5. The GOP suit says Murphy’s plan violates the state constitution that requires borrowing to be approved by voters.
State officials announced data that showed the 10 day of 20 or fewer coronavirus related deaths. There were 800 reported hospitalizations on July 18, down from 862 on Friday.
State officials announced the Rt rate is reported to be 1.1 on July 18.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,725 deaths and 176,814 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,781,450 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 18.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,979 coronavirus patients and 1,766 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 19,261 positive tests and 1,313 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,838 coronavirus related deaths and 19,105 positive test results. The hottest three counties each reported one death overnight.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard, the four counties with the fewest number of reported cases and coronavirus related deaths are Cape May County, Salem County, Hunterdon County and Sussex County, as of July 18.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 3,707,023 confirmed cases and 140,119 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 3.77%, down from 3.83% on Thursday. As of July 18, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,478.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 241 with 112 deaths
- Branchville Borough 7 with one death
- Byram Township 58 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 87 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 20 with one death
- Green Township 23 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 32 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 54 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 136 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 14 with one death
- Montague Township 32 with four deaths
- Newton Town 108 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 116 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 22 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 138 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 60 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.