SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health reported no additional cases COVID-19, one additional coronavirus related deaths on June 27. The total number of cases in the county to 1228 with 191 deaths and 1029 recovered patients, reported on June 27.
Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 157 was released on Friday with guidelines for reopening indoor dining and personal training in gyms on July 2. Restaurants will be allowed to serve inside at 25% capacity with social distancing precautions. Gyms can offer personalized instruction. Swimming pools can open on Thursday as well.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,094 reported coronavirus deaths and 170,873 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,367,250 New Jersey residents have been tested as of June 27.
Bergen County is now the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,275 coronavirus patients and 1,720 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,814 positive tests and 1,277 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,781 coronavirus related deaths and 18,696 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,507,930 confirmed cases and 125,504 coronavirus deaths. As of June 27, New York City has reported 31,368 COVID-19 related deaths.
COVID-19 patients by town as of June 27 COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 240 with 110 deaths
- Branchville Borough 5 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 46 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 17 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 127 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 105 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 7 with one death
- Sparta Township 110 with nine deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13
- Sussex Borough 13 with one death
- Vernon Township 135 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 53 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.