SPARTA, NJ – Local resident Mitch Morrison is offering an opportunity for community members to perform “beautiful random acts of kindness.” He is facilitating a “Letters of Love” campaign to get hand written cards or notes to people living in nursing homes and long term care facilities.
“Social distancing has led older adults living in long term facilities to be isolated from their loved ones,” Morrison said. “Isolation creates feelings of loneliness which can lead to poorer physical and mental health.”
He is collecting anonymous handwritten notes and cards, that he will deliver to local nursing homes. Morrison askes people follow a few guidelines:
- Please write legibly in large print,
- Please embrace creativity,
- Please be kind and thoughtful,
- Please exclude the date, month and year,
- Please avoid reference to religion,
- Please put your notes in an envelope.
The notes can be sent to Mitch Morrison at 5 Dorothy Drive, Sparta, NJ 07871. Morrison will deliver the notes to area nursing homes.
Photos are sample cards created by Morrison's grandchildren.