SPARTA, NJ – The Sparta Fire Department has six new recruits. The men were introduced in Sparta Township Manager Bill Close’s report at the council meeting last week as recommended by Chief Mike Herbst.
- Peyton Gaughan- recommended by current members,
- Paul Williams – recommended as Herbst family friend,
- Zachary Belasco – recommended by two current members,
- Matthew Salerno- recommended by two current members,
- Daniel Medranda – recommended by Deputy Mayor Christine Quinn,
- William Tintle Jr. – formerly a fire fighter in Morris County.
According to Close, all have passed a background check and will be probationary employees while they complete their training.