SPARTA, NJ- The Sparta Township Manager Bill Close has announced township will be “restricting public access to all municipal buildings” beginning Thursday. The restriction will continue “during regular office hours” through April 3.
Close’s notice says this is being done to “minimize person-to-person interaction.” Municipal business will be conducted by phone and online.
There are two drop box options at the municipal building. There is a drive-thru drop box located in the lower parking lot near the entrance to the Police Department Headquarters. A small wall mounted bulk drop box is next to the door of the Police Department. Payments, permits and applications may be left in the box.
For additional information residents can visit the municipal website Spartanj.org or call the department:
- Township General Phone Number – 973-726-3600
- Township Clerk’s Office – 973-729-4493
- Tax Collectors Office – 973-729-4903
- Tax Assessors Office – 973-729-2626
- Construction/Building Department – 973-729-9888
- Planning/Zoning Department – 973-729-8093
- Engineering Department – 973-726-3607
- Public Works Department – 973-729-6178
- Parks & Recreation Offices – 973-729-2383
- Water/Sewer Utilities Office – 973-729-7133
- Municipal Court – 973-729-3501
- Finance Department – 973-729-4103
- Township Managers Office – 973-729-8485
- Non-Emergency Police Department – 973-729-6121
- Sussex County Health Department/ – 973-579-0370
- Office of Public Nursing – 973-579-0570
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Residents can call to make an appointment, where appropriate or necessary. These measures are in place to protect the health and well-being of the township residents and employees during the coronavirus pandemic, according to township officials.