SPARTA, NJ - The township council has scheduled a special meeting for Friday, March 27 beginning at 6 p.m. This meeting, rescheduled from Tuesday, March 24, will be conducted remotely, according to the notice.
The agenda includes introduction of ordinance 20-06 to "Exceed the Municipal Budget Appropriation Limits and to Establish a CAP Bank (N.J.S.A. 40A: 4-45.14." The resolutions include:
- 7-1 "Introduction of Municipal Budget"
- 7-2 Tax Overpayment Refund
- 7-3 Refund for State Board Judgement
- 7-4 One Day ABC Father Johns Animal House
- 7-5 Resolution Authorizing the Township of Sparta's Application to the NJ Board of Public Utilities (BPU) Clean Fleet Electric Vehicle Incentive Program
- 7-6 Resolution Authorizing Grace Period Extension for Tax, Solid Waste & Sewer Utility Bills
The details of the ordinance and resolutions is not posted on the township website.
The public will be able to listen to the meeting and speak during Open to the Public portions of the meeting. It is audio only for the public. The link to the meeting is:
- or 1-929-205-6099 (“welcome to Zoom”) Enter meeting ID 823 136 3278
According to the notice “the purpose of the Special Council Meeting is to conduct routine business previously scheduled for consideration at the March 24, 2020 meeting that was canceled.”
Action will be taken at this meeting.
The meeting is not yet posted on the Sparta Township website calendar. It is in the banner at the top of the page.
Restaurants in Sparta Still Serving- Take Out Only