SPARTA, NJ - According to the Sparta Police Department the Red Cross will be providing meals at the following locations today from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Sussex County Technical School - McNeice Auditorium 105 North Church Rd Sparta, NJ
Serving Sparta, Lafayette, Branchville, Franklin, Ogdensburg, Hamburg, Hardyston
• Sussex Borough Fire Department - 25 Loomis Avenue Sussex, NJ 07461
Serving Sussex, Wantage, Vernon, Montague, Frankford)
• Newton #1 Firehouse 22 Mill Street Newton, NJ 07860
Serving Newton, Hampton, Fredon, Stillwater, Green, Byram, Stanhope, Hopatcong, Andover, Sandyston, Walpack, Andover Boro
Sparta High School will be open to residents to take showers, get warm, charge phones and heat up food in microwaves again on Thursday, December 5 from noon until 6 p.m. Residents are asked to enter the building through the cafeteria doors on the side of the building. School. School staff and security will be there to assist according to school officials.
The GO2 Warming Centers are still open at Knoll Heights Senior Center and Sparta Police Department. Sussex County Technical High School remains open as a Red Cross Shelter, according to Sparta Police Chief Neil Spidaletto.
UPDATE on road closures:
- West Mountain Road - Access from 94 to Greenfield Okay Closed Scudders to 250 Block.
- Glen Road- OPEN.
- Houses Corner Road - Closed at 573.
- Lafayette Road -passable with tree blocking southbound lane between Madison and 517.
- Green Road- closed at Tomahawk Trail Primary across the road cones and signs out.
- McCloud Lane -lines in road.
- Fox Ridge Road -closed JCP&L on scene working.
- Fox Hollow -open.
- Balsam Parkway -tree obstruction, passable no wires.
- West Shore Trail -at 640 wires blocking 1 lane, JCP&L on scene monitoring.
- West Shore Trail - at Manitou Bridge currently closed with ongoing work.
- Sawmill - past Maria Drive - closed wires blocking road, JCP&L monitoring.
- Carriage House Road - closed by entrance to Stonehedge Trees down no wires DPW to address.
- Columbus -at Springbrook tree blocking one lane Lake Mohawk Country Club Department of Public Works to address.
- East Shore Trail - closed Glenside to Beach 6 wires, JCP&L monitoring.
- Hilltop - at 161 wires down, passable JCP&L monitoring.
- Old Prospect School Road -closed at Davis Wires and pole across the road.
- Sterling Hill Road -tree on wire passable, one lane passable between Butternut and Ogdensburg border multiple trees.