Springfield, NJ - Enjoy Explore India presents “Dance to the Music, Bollywood Style” at the Springfield Free Public Library Sunday at 2 p.m.
From the Library’s website: Bollywood, or Hindi cinema, features exciting song and dance routines whereby Indian pop music is paired with fast-paced dancing. Dancers wear brightly colored costumes that jingle and jangle and flow with every amazing move. Bollywood song and dance has enduring popular appeal and cultural value.
This is a family event for all ages! Costumes are provided--or wear your own! We'll celebrate the New Year, dance to Bollywood music and enjoy some refreshments.
Enjoy Explore India describes it mission as providing a research-based cultural study program that will allow our participants to learn about India and her links to the world by:
- Connecting them to India in a meaningful way
- Exciting them about exploring India’s culture in depth
- Encouraging them to share ideas and cultural experiences
- Enabling them to understand immigration and assimilation
- Encouraging self-learning and self-expression
- Promoting life skills that will help our youth become responsible adults