WATCHUNG, NJ – Inside the Mother Mary Patrick McCallion Gymnasium on the campus of Mount Saint Mary Academy, six seniors signed letters of intent from their respective colleges/universities of choice as family, friends, faculty and staff looked on and offered well wishes.
One was Samantha Tush of Springfield who signed a letter of intent to play lacrosse for Saint Jospeph’s University. Samantha said, “It truly is a great feeling that all of my hard work has paid off. I am so excited to start this next chapter of my life as a collegiate lacrosse player at Saint Joseph's University.”
Sister Lisa D. Gambacorto, RSM, Ed.S., Directress, and Ms. Denise E. Materia, Assistant Directress and Director of Athletics led the event which represented the largest amount of athletes signing letters of intent in the Academy’s 109-year history.
Ms. Materia said, “I am so proud of our young ladies that signed today. The impact they have had on our athletic programs is significant. More importantly than just athletic ability they brought scholarship, leadership and sportsmanship. Wishing them all the best as they continue on to college.”
The other five athletes signing letters of intent are:
- Alaina Parisella of Chatham – Brown University – Lacrosse
- Shayna Hollander of Cranford – Duke University – Swimming
- Maria Jaeckel of Warren – Loyola University Maryland – Track & Field
- Emma Genovese of Warren – High Point University (HPU) – Lacrosse
- Jennah Santiago of Stirling – Coastal Carolina University – Lacrosse