Union County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi advises voters that accurate, up-to-date information on the upcoming July 7 Primary Election is available on the County Clerk’s elections website, unioncountyvotes.com, and on the free Union County Votes mobile app.
The County Clerk has begun sending Vote-by-Mail ballots to all registered, active Democratic and Republican voters. Due to the volume of mail involved, the process is expected continue into next week.
“Some voters will receive their ballots within the next several days, while others will receive theirs next week,” explained Ms. Rajoppi.
Under statewide orders designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Primary Election will be conducted primarily by Vote-by-Mail ballots.
In addition, the County Clerk is mailing Vote-by-Mail applications to registered voters who are inactive or unaffiliated.
Residents who have not registered to vote still have time to register, but must do so by June 16.
The following deadlines apply to the July 7 Primary Election:
- Final day to register to vote in time for the Primary Election: June 16
- Deadline to apply by Mail for Primary Election Vote By Mail ballot/unaffiliated voters to declare a party: June 30
- Deadline for a walk-in to obtain a vote-by-mail ballot: July 7 before 8:00 p.m.
- Primary Election Day: July 7, polls close at 8:00 p.m.
- Deadline to mail/postmark or drop off a VBM ballot July 7 at 8:00 p.m. (drop off locations will be announced prior to Election Day)
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including guidance on the free Drive-Through Test Center at Kean University, visit ucnj.org/coronavirus-update.
For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance with questions, visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.