SPRINGFIELD, NJ — The latest figures from Springfield show a plateauing of cases, although new cases have been reported after a gap of almost two weeks.
As of yesterday's update, Springfield has two new cases of COVID-19, totaling 219 positive tests and 18 deaths.
Union County has 79 new cases of COVID-19, and 22 new deaths, totaling 14,385 positive tests and 930 deaths. The State of New Jersey currently has 1,216 new cases of COVID-19 and 244 new deaths, bringing the state total number to 142,704 positive tests, and 9,946 COVID-19 related deaths.
The Governor also signed a new Executive Order that will open beaches and lakefronts Memorial Day Weekend statewide with a number of restrictions. They are as follows:
- Number of people on beaches and lake fronts must be limited
- Beaches cannot be made “private” by opening only to residents
- 6’ social distancing must be exercised
- No organized games or special events that draw a crowd
- Face coverings recommended
- No amusements, playgrounds, visitor centers can be opened
- State Park bathrooms will be opened going forward.