SPRINGFIELD, NJ — Tonight's Springfield Board of Adjustment meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m., via the zoom meeting platform. Here's how residents can tune in and make their public comments.
If you are a member of the public and wish to participate in the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must follow the instructions below to join the virtual meeting using Zoom.
As with other township boards, the Board of Adjustment is utilizing the Zoom service in order to afford as many members of the public, along with necessary Township officials and Board Adjustment members, the ability to conduct and participate in an Open Public Meeting in a remote manner due to the COVID-19 outbreak, in compliance with New Jersey’s Open Public Meetings Act.
Public Comment will be guided by the Township’s designated “Host” on the Zoom platform. As circumstances dictate, it is possible that the procedures described herein may be modified as required to ensure appropriate access to the Meeting. If you wish to address the Board of Adjustment during the public comment portion of the Meeting, then you must:
- 1. Join the meeting using Zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87267747950
- 2. Use the “Q&A” function to send a private “Question” to the Planning Board to reserve your chance to speak, and include only: a. Your first and last name b. Your home address
- 3. When you hear your name announced during the Public Comment portion of the meeting, you may address the Zoning Board.
- 4. You will be given 3 minutes to complete your comments.
- 5. After your 3 minutes expires, your microphone will be muted to allow others an opportunity to address the Zoning Board.
All microphones of public users will be muted, except as set forth above during the Public Comment period. If you do not follow the instructions above, you will not be permitted to speak at any time during the Meeting.