SPRINGFIELD, NJ — Yesterday afternoon, Springfield Mayor Chirs Capodice updated the latest totals of COVID-19 cases and deaths at the local, county and state level.
As of yesterday's message, Springfield has 10 new cases of COVID-19, totaling 206 positive tests and 13 deaths.
Union County has 330 new cases of COVID-19, and 8 new deaths, totaling 11,853 positive tests and 571 deaths.
The State of New Jersey currently has 3,515 new cases of COVID-19 and 75 new deaths, bringing the state total number to 109,038 positive tests, and 5,938 COVID-19 related deaths.
Additionally, as of yesterday's update:
- 6,573 people are hospitalized statewide due to COVID-19.
- 1,804 are in critical or intensive care.
- 1,418 ventilators are in use.
- 76 patients are in the state’s field medical stations.
- 684 COVID patients have been discharged.
In addition, here are some helpful resources and links provided by the mayor in his email as well:
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Survival Guide has a complete listing of all of the coronavirus resources for small businesses.
- The N.J. Economic Development Authority is offering assistance programs for New Jersey businesses. Information and applications can be found here.
- The IRS posted information on 'stimulus checks' here.
- The state's jobs and hiring portal matches employers and candidates. For employers to participate, click here.
- New Jersey's website for information on all of the state's business resources during the pandemic.
- New Jersey's website for up-to-date information about COVID-19.
- To report a scammer or suspected price gouging, alert the N.J. Division of Consumer Affairs at (973) 504-6240 or at http://njconsumeraffairs.gov.
- The state set up a 24-hour hotline where health care professionals are answering questions about coronavirus. The toll-free number is 1-800-222-1222. From outside the state, call 1-800-962-1253.