SPRINGFIELD, NJ - The Springfield Recreation Department has announced that registration is now open for the Fall 2019-Winter 2020 youth basketball season.
In their announcement, the department said that the following programs will be offered:
- Clinics (Pre K-1st grade boys and girls).
- Recreation League (second-eighth grade boys and girls) with a new second grade division.
- Nettes Travel Team tryouts (fifth-eighth grade girls) with a new fifth grade team.
- Minutemen Travel Team tryouts (fourth-eighth grade boys).
- Anthony Avent Jr. NBA Skill & Development Program (2018-2019 Travel players and 2019-2020 Recreation players).
Parents can register online at https://register.communitypass.net/springfield with a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card ($0 processing fee), for every activity except the Anthony Avent Jr. program.
Registrations will also be accepted by mail or in-person at Chisholm on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. More information is listed on flyers that can be downloaded at the following link: www.springfield-nj.us/recreation and are available at the Chisholm Community Center, located at 100 South Springfield Avenue.
Any questions residents have about the program can be directed to Daniel Hesse, Recreation Program Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org., or by phone at (973) 912-2227.
All recreation programs are open to Springfield residents or children who attend a school in Springfield.
According to the recreation department, each program has a registration deadline, after which a wait-list is kept. Additionally, there will be no refunds awarded after the registration deadlines. Additional information may be found on the rec department's website.
Additionally, the fifth grade boys Minutemen Travel team is currently looking for a volunteer head coach. Interested parties are asked to contact Mike O’Donnell at email@example.com.