TOMS RIVER, NJ — Over the past week, members of the boys and girls track and field teams at Jonathan Dayton ran in the sectional championship in Toms River, to much personal and team success.
The girls team crowned two sectional champions at the meet; Sophomore Cylia Blackmon in the Shot Put, and Junior Eliana McNamee in the 800.
Additionally, if an athlete finished in the top six of their event, they qualified for the state Championships, which will be held this upcoming Saturday on Feb. 29. Multiple Jonathan Dayton students qualified, and their names are listed below;
TOP SIX FINISHERS:
- 400M DASH — Eliana McNamee 3rd place; James Mooney 6th place
- 800M RUN — Eliana McNamee 1st place; James Garcia 6th place
- 1600M RUN — Christian Mancini 2nd place, James Garcia 5th place
- 3200M RUN — Dan Galao-Birkman 4th place; Colin Riley 5th place
- 55M HIGH HURDLES — Mirielle Joseph 6th place
- SHOT PUT — Cylia Blackmon 1st place; Joani Lico 2nd place
- 4x400M RELAY — Kyla Greene, Maiya Barnhardt, Mirielle Joseph, Eliana McNamee 3rd place