SPRINGFIELD, NJ — Facing off against the Hillside Comets on senior night, the Jonathan Dayton Volleyball team made sure to leave plenty of time for celebration.
The Bulldogs beat Hillside in straight sets, 25-7, 25-7. Some of the key performers in the game were as follows:
- Sami Janker had six kills, one blok and one ace.
- Rianna Corderio had three kills, six digs and five aces.
- Casey Janker had five kills and five aces.
- Kennedy Kwinta had 6 digs and three aces
- Jocelyn Duallo had 12 digs
- And Becca Smith had 14 assists.
"I'm proud of everything these girls have been doing all year," said Dayton Head Coach Mike O'Brien. "We're 11-3 now...they keep fighting back. No matter what happens, they're determined, they work so well together. They communicate on the court [and] they have fun."
The game was also senior night, which O'Brien noted was bittersweet for him, as it meant he would be saying farewell to the first group of players that he coached at Dayton.
The team goes on the road this afternoon to face Summit. First serve is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.