STAFFORD — This has been a very difficult time for so many people in the Southern Ocean area. Especially for so many of our neighbors affected by unemployment particularly in the food and drink industry, medical industry and many others.
The Manahawkin Elks Lodge, located at 520 Hilliard Blvd in Manahawkin is conducting a food drive.
The food drive began on Wednesday, May 27 and will continue through this Saturday, May 30. T
The Lodge will be closed but donations may be placed in the side entry way by the lounge entracne between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day.
If you have any questions please call Questions call 609-597-1308.
The food drive will benefit the Human Concerns Food Pantry at St Francis on LBI and St. Mary’s Food Pantry in Barnegat.
Both pantries provide to those in our surrounding area, and are in need of non-perishable items such as:
- Breakfast cereals and granola bars,
- Canned goods including vegetables, chicken, tuna, ravioli,
- Soups, pancake mix and syrup.
- Macaroni and cheese, pasta and pasta sauce
- Instant mashed potatoes, rice, fruit and cracker snacks.