STAFFORD, NJ – The 28th Annual Chowderfest Cook-Off Classic will be held this weekend at the Taylor Avenue Ballfield (between Ninth Street & Taylor Avenue, by the bay in Beach Haven, NJ). Saturday will be filled with vendors for Merchant Mart while Sunday will be full of competition for the chowder lovers to enjoy.
Chowderfest is a great time and a "tradition for family and friends to gather together to say good bye to summer and welcome the fall."
The Merchant Mart will take place on Saturday from 10:00 a.m until 5:00 p.m. It is a free admission event that includes awesome bargain deals from dozens of Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce members. Enjoy live music and cold beer while you shop. Specialty foods will be available along with plenty of activities for the kids. The event will take place rain or shine.
Here is the rundown of this weekend’s entertainment on Long Beach Island and Stafford for Friday, September 30 and Saturday, October 1, 2016.
Arlington, Ship Bottom
- MATT FISHER, Friday, 9 p.m.
- Greg Warren, Sunday, 6 p.m
Buckalews, Beach Haven
- Earl Sutton, Friday, 5 p.m.
- Garage Kept, Friday, 9 p.m.
- Earl Sutton, Saturday, 5 p.m.
- The Kootz, Saturday, 9 p.m.
- Allison Stella, Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Rock Lobster, Friday, 8 p.m.
- Mike Byrne Irish Show, Friday, 5 p.m.
- Shout, Friday, 10 p.m
- Facedown, Saturday, 5 p.m.
- Mr. Lovejoy, Saturday, 10 p.m.
The Old Causeway, East Bay Avenue, Manahawkin
- Ned Ryerson, Friday, 10 p.m.
- Jimmy Brogan Band, Saturday, 10 p.m.
- Vince Basile, Friday 7 p.m.
- Joe Faronea, Saturday 7 p.m.
Surf City Hotel
- Rockin Renee, Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Jason Portizo, 7 p.m. Friday
- Lenny G. and the Soul Senders, 7 p.m. Saturday