STAFFORD, NJ - Today the Stafford Township Police Department announced the graduation accomplishment of Lieutenant Allen Halliday.
Lt. Halliday, who currently oversees the department’s Operations Division has been a member of the department since 1995. Halliday was promoted to Lieutenant in 2016.
"Lt. Halliday was selected to attend the academy from hundreds of other police supervisors from throughout the state of New Jersey," Stafford Police stated.
Lt. Allen Halliday began the academy in the Fall of 2016 and graduated the New Jersey State Chiefs of Police Command and Leadership Academy on January 17, 2017.
Based on a curriculum from the United States Military Academy at West Point, the New Jersey State Chiefs of Police Command and Leadership Academy develops future police leaders.
The curriculum Lt. Halliday studied included:
· Leadership as a science.
· Behavioral and motivational theories.
· Stress management and adjustment techniques.
· Individual communication and counseling methods.
· Inter-group conflict management practices.
· Decision-making practices as a group.