STAFFORD, NJ - Kim and Stan Lisowski are the proud owners of Extreme Gymnastics located on Route 9 in Manahawkin.
The Extreme Gymnastics teams have had a successful postseason with 10 individual state champions at the annual Jersey Optional Gymnastics Association Level 1-4 and Level 5-6 State Championships. Kim Lisowski has coached 108 individual state title winners during her distinguished career.
Sign Up for E-News
Extreme's Gymdawgs have produced a top 10 ranked team in 12 of the last 13 years. The program had 43 combined top five individual medals while competing against one thousand athletes in Jersey Optional Gymnastics Association's separate two day championship events in February and April.
This years highlights include performances by the following athletes:
- Autumn Shackleton with a state championship on beam with her personal best effort. Autumn has placed first in state event for three consecutive years. Autumn also finished off this season with a career high in the all-around competition.
- Gabby Conforti finished as floor champion and has won four state titles in here career.
- Masin Maugeri and Jordyn Hamlin have each won state championships the past two years. Masin won in the vault and floor exercises and Jordyn won first in floor exercises and all-around.
- Hannah Russo and Ryanna Kennedy won top spots for the first time. Russo won in the beam in her first year of competing. Kennedy won three titles in vault, floor and all-around.
Extreme had the privilege of coaching three high school gymnastic Most Valuable Performers in Ashley Hemenway from Southern, Kylie Picaro from Barnegat and Lizzy Karu from Toms River North.
Ashley finished up her Gymdawg career in fine fashion, just missing out on the floor title. Hemenway is going to perform at Vanderbilt University in September. Picaro and Karu will return to compete with the Extreme team for another year.
Picaro totaled a 36.45 All-Around for the event and was Extreme’s highest scorer in the finals. Kylie also set a new Extreme Gymnastics, high-score record with her balance beam performance with a 9.6 score.
There are many other gymnasts contributing to the team's success. The club totaled 79 total individual medals and 18 of the gymnasts scored their personal bests. Some of the personal bests include:
- Ali English scored over 9 points on the vault four times this season.
- Gabby Deo placed second in the vault and a personal best in the all-around.
- Erin Alegre scored a personal best on the beam.
- Hailey Klimas fell just short of championship in her floor routine.
- Eva Pollak record a pair of career best in balance bean and all-around
- Kayla Murdock placed second on floor and had her personal best.
- Mya Pollak scored a career best with her floor routine and third place finish.
- Mikayla Rua finished in the top 10 in three different events.
- Liz Russo personal best on the uneven bars.
- Kailey Triant record second place medal on the vault.
- Delaney Morre scored strong on the beam and had her career best.
- Vivian Muzzillo had personal beset on beam and finished with five straight "stuck" routines.
Extreme Gymnastics can be contacted at 609-978-9909. They can be followed on their website, Facebook and on Instagram.