STAFFORD - An entire new mayor and council were sworn in to serve Stafford Township on New Years Day. The Stafford Conservatives, winners of June’s Stafford Republican primary and November's general election assumed their offices on Tuesday.
The new council is comprised of Mayor Myhre and councilmen Tom Steadman, Dr. Tony Guariglia, Mike Pfancook, George Williams, Bob Henken-Siefken, and Paul Krier.
The Council meeting room was full and many people needed to sit in the adjacent court room to view the meeting on live video. Ocean County Sheriff Mike Mastronardy was on hand to administer the oath of office to the Mayor and most of the Council members. Stafford Township Police Chief Tom Dellane swore in MIchael T. Pfancook.
The audience consisted of family and friends of the Council members. There were many political supporters in the audience also.
In a dramatic moment, former Stafford Township Mayor Carl Block was on hand to offer his congratulations by addressing the Council.
Here is a photo guide of our new Mayor and Council from the organization meeting on January 1.
Mayor Greg Myhre
New Council President Paul Krier
Councilmen Thomas Steadman and Dr. Anthony Quarglia
Councilman Robert E. Henken
Councilman George S. Williams
Councilman Michael T. Pfancook
The Council approved the appointment of Jean L. Cipriani, Esq. and the firm Gilmore and Monahan, P.A. as the new Township Attorney.
Township Attorney Jean L. Cipriani
The Council accepted the retirement of Township Administrator James Moran. The Township is hiring JA Montgomery Risk Control group to assist with the recruitment and hiring of Stafford's next administrator.
Below is a list of some of the main Stafford Township professional appointments
- Owens, Little and Associates will serve as Township Engineering firm. Owens and Little will also perform inspections of improvements installed by developers in the Township. The firm will also handle tax map maintenance and as Special Project Engineers. The firm was also contracted as Supplemental Engineer for the Water and Sewer Department.
- T and M Associates as Consulting Engineer for the Environmental Commission. T and M also will serve for Traffic Consultant services, Preservation Planning and Consulting Engineer and Special Project Engineers.
- Judge Damian Murray was appointed as Stafford Municipal Court Judge.
- The firm of Citta, Holzapfel and Zabarsky appointed as Municipal Court Prosecutor
- Rumpf Law Firm appointed as Public Defender for Stafford Municipal Court.
- Remington and Vernick Engineers appointed as Consulting Engineer for the Water and Sewer Department.
- Appointment of J.R. Henderson Labs Inc. for water quality testing services.