SHIP BOTTOM - The Ship Bottom Mayor and Council issued order allowing the reopening of beaches to the public today, Friday, April 24.
There are a number of restrictions:
- 1. The beach is only open to residents with placards to prove residence.
- 2. The only activities allowed are walking and jogging.
- 3. Dogs are allowed on the beach by residents and must be leashed. However, beginning May 1, 2020 dogs will no longer be allowed on the beach due to long time existing ordinance.
- 4. All social distancing must be maintained.
- 5. Surf fishing is allowed from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- 6. Beach vehicles are not allowed on the beach even with a permit.