The Presbyterian Church at New Providence, located at 1307 Springfield Avenue, is hosting an American Red Cross Blood Drive, Friday October 14, from 2:30 -7:30 p.m.
DID YOU KNOW?
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- Someone needs blood every two seconds.
- 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood but less than 10 percent donate annually.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- You cannot get AIDS or any other infectious disease by donating blood.
- Healthy adults who are 16 years old and weigh at least 120 pounds may donate one pint of whole blood- the most common form of donation- every 56 days.
- One unit of whole blood is roughly the equivalent of one pint.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- Females receive 53 percent of blood transfusions; males receive 47 percent.
- One unit of blood can be separated into several components: red blood cells, plasma, platelets and cryoprecipitate.
- Fourteen tests (11 for infectious diseases) are performed on each unit of donated blood.
Please make an appointment today -- click here and enter sponsor code: PCNP
On day of donation eat a healthy breakfast, drink extra fluids, bring picture ID!
If you have any questions, please contact: Please contact John Campbell at 908-464-0139 or Carol Germansky at 908-665-1434 or 1-800-Red-Cross.