SOMERSET, NJ - A dozen Atlantic Health System healthcare professionals were finalists -- recognized in eight of the ten featured categories -- at the 2019 'Healthcare Heroes Awards', a program of NJBIZ. The Atlantic Health honorees joined hundreds of the state’s healthcare professionals at the event, which annually salutes individuals and organizations that are making an impact on health and safety in New Jersey.
Winning in the individual Innovation Hero Award was Amy Perry, CEO, Hospital Division, Senior Vice President, Integrated Care Delivery, Atlantic Health System. Instrumental in identifying opportunities for growth and innovation at Atlantic Health System, Perry has been the driving force behind Atlantic Health Advancements (AHa!), a unique idea incubator that enables the healthcare system’s almost 17,000 team members and 4,800 physicians to generate ideas that enhance care delivery, improve clinical outcomes and reduce the cost of health care.
Eleven additional Atlantic Health System Finalists included:
- Kevin Joyce (Atlantic Health System) – Healthcare Professional
- Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center (Breakthrough Oncology Accelerator – Dr. Eric Whitman) – Innovation Hero (organization)
- Carol Jones (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Nurse of the Year
- Laura Pizzano (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Nurse of the Year
- Dr. Philip Scaduto (Atlantic Health System, Primary Care Partners) – Physician of the Year
- Dr. James Wittig (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Physician of the Year
- Dr. Chris Amalfitano (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Public Health Hero
- Alexandra Green (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Public Health Hero
- Terry Turko (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Volunteer of the Year
- Vincent Ursino Sr. (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Volunteer of the Year
- Atlantic Health System, Chilton Medical Center – Education Hero (organization)
“It’s gratifying to have the expertise, caring, and dedication of Atlantic Health System’s leaders, team members, and physicians recognized through the Healthcare Heroes program,” said Brian Gragnolati, president and chief executive officer, Atlantic Health System. “These accolades are a testament to the incredible commitment of our entire team to providing extraordinary caring for the patients and communities that rely on us each day.”