The first annual Hilltopper Alumni Weekend will be held October 14-16th, 2011. All Summit High School alumni are invited back to Summit to attend a weekend of educational, sporting, entertaining, and social events that will allow them to experience all that the great town and the school system has to offer today. Special sporting events, musical performances, dramatic showcases, student art exhibitions, class reunion celebrations, a golf outing, 5K Run/2 Mile Walk and many more activities are slated for the weekend festivities! This Hilltopper Alumni weekend promises to offer fun activities for all ages and interests.
The event-filled weekend kicks off on Friday, October 14th with a:
· Career Day at Summit High School with guest lectures by notable alumni from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
· Women’s Varsity Tennis match will be held at Memorial Field at 4:00 pm.
· Pre-Game Tailgate with Towne Deli and The Boosters beginning at 5:30 pm.
· Friday Night Lights Football Game at 7:00 pm at Tatlock Park’s Investor Savings Field.
Halftime Show and special Retiring of
Jerseys Presentation for alumni Willie Wilson, Tom O’Dell and John Mallory.
· Post-Tailgate Party at the Hat Tavern in the Grand Summit Hotel starting at 9:00 pm.
· Astronomy Club Sky Viewing at 9:00 pm at Upper Tatlock Park.
Super events slated for Saturday the 15th:
· Claremont Realty Group sponsored morning golf outing at the Municipal Golf Course starting at 10:00 am.
· Brayton School Centennial Garden Dedication at 10:00 am.
· Four Centuries in A Weekend, tours of the Historical Carter House from
10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
· Lunch open to all alumni, family and friends hosted by Towne Deli from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm at SHS.
· Varsity Girls and Boys Soccer games – times and fields TBD.
· Tours of SHS, presented by the Summit Educations Foundations from
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm.
· SHS Student Exhibitions and Performance from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
· SHS Alumni Reunion parties on Saturday evening.
Sunday wrap-up events include:
· Hilltopper Alumni Brunch at the Broadway Diner starting at 10:30 am.
· YMCA 5K Walk/Run at 1:00 pm.
Thanks to Summit Downtown Inc., discounts and promotions will be given by participating merchants and restaurants all weekend long.
“Our goal is to reconnect alumni with the Summit community and to showcase all that the school system, downtown, performing arts, and athletic events have to offer,” stated Peter Laughlin, Hilltopper Alumni Weekend committee member and SHS class of ’75 grad. “Summit is a great place to live and a great place to visit, we want to remind alumni of this and have them ‘come home’ and enjoy it all.” he added.
This weekend is the perfect opportunity for SHS graduated classes to join in the fun and plan their reunion and get your friends back to Summit. Please visit www.hilltopperalumni.com for more information or Kim Bredahl at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and help make the weekend one to remember!