MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ - When the first two concerts of the outdoor series feature The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra (NJSO) and a Led Zeppelin tribute band, concertgoers know that they are in for an eclectic summer of live music.
Indeed, the NJSO will lead off Union County’s 57th annual Summer Arts Festival series of free outdoor concerts with an evening of Broadway favorites, beloved opera overtures and more on June 22, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at Echo Lake Park in Mountainside.
Attendees are also invited to bring a mat or beach towel and join in a free Union County Get Fit Yoga program beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The series continues at Echo Lake Park on Wednesday nights in July:
- July 11: Black Dog (The Led Zeppelin Tribute)
- July 18: 5 Against 1 (Tribute to Pearl Jam)
- July 25: The Vinny’s / Katfish Lucy
In August the series moves to Oak Ridge Park in Clark:
- August 1: JoBonanno & the Godsons of Soul
- August 8: American Rapture
- August 15: Brother John Brown (The Woodstock Era)
- August 22: Dead On Live (The Grateful Dead Experience)
For more details on the Summer Arts series, visit ucnj.org/parks-activities.