Two notable Summit organizations will celebrate milestones this summer. The Summit First Aid Squad, founded in 1962, celebrates 50 years of serving the community. The Summit Family Aquatic Center, which opened in 1972 as the Summit Community Pool is celebrating 40 years of service.
To honor the First Aid Squad, the Family Aquatic Center has invited First Aid Squad members and their families along with all Aquatic Center members to a joint “Anniversary Bash” at the pool on Wednesday, June 27.
Events for the day begin at noon and include:
- Giveaways to the first 200 families, and a meet and greet with the pool’s mascot Shark Diddy
- Afternoon Dance with EMS DJs from 1 – 4 PM
- Party Games & Trivia with Mr. Fun from 3 - 5 PM
- Special Unveiling & Dedication Ceremony at 6 PM
- Evening Dance Party and Photo Booth with Summit Soundz from 6:15 – 8 PM
All pool members are invited. From 6 PM to 8 PM admission will be free for anyone.
The First Aid Squad also plans a “block party” event on July 28, 2012 from 11 AM to 4 PM to commemorate “50 years of caring”. All are invited. For more information, visit the Squad web site at summitems.org.
The all volunteer First Aid Squad is always looking for new members to join its ranks. All needed training, uniforms and equipment is provided. For information, please call 908-277-9479, or visit their web site at: www.summitems.org.