SUMMIT, NJ - A total of 49 new positive COVID-19 cases in Summit have been confirmed by the Westfield Regional Health Department (WRHD). The latest group of confirmations, reflecting reporting from January 15 to January 21, brings Summit's cumulative case total since the pandemic began to 183.
There have been 212 case positives confirmed to date in the month of January. Total case numbers are updated and adjusted weekly following contact tracing interviews.
According to the WRHD, while all 49 confirmed cases have been investigated and contact tracing is complete, exposure information from interviews is not reported this week as, at present, WRHD staff reporting time is being allocated exclusively to vaccine site and distribution logistics.
Of the most recent cases, the age breakdown is as follows:
- Seven cases ages 18 and younger;
- 10 cases ages 19 to 24;
- Two (2) cases ages 25 to 29;
- Three (3) cases ages 30 to 34;
- Six (6) cases ages 35 to 39;
- Four (4) cases ages 40 to 44;
- One (1) case age 45 to 49;
- Two (2) cases ages 50 to 54;
- Five (5) cases ages 55 to 59;
- Four (4) cases ages 60 to 64;
- Three (3) cases ages 70 to 74
- One (1) case age 75 to 79; and
- One (1) case age 90 to 94.