Join us at the Summit YMCA to get certified as a Lifeguard!
The class is open to participants who are 15 years of age by the last day of class. Course includes Lifeguard, CPR/AED, and First Aid certifications.
Lifeguarding students must attend all classes in order to get certified. To enroll in the course, you must be able to demonstrate the following PRECOURSE SKILLS on the first day of the Lifeguarding course:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water 2 minutes using legs only. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Goggles not allowed.
- If certification participant fails to meet the standards set by the American Red Cross, he/she may take the course again for an additional fee of $100.
LOCATION: SUMMIT YMCA
Sign Up for E-News
Certification Classes (participants must attend all dates in range):
• MARCH 5, SATURDAY, 1PM - 8PM
• MARCH 6, SUNDAY, 9AM - 5PM
• MARCH 12, SATURDAY, 2PM - 8PM
• MARCH 13, SUNDAY, 12PM - 5PM
COST: $350 FOR MEMBERS / $450 FOR NON-MEMBERS