ELIZABETHJ, NJ - Eligible military veterans who are Union County residents can obtain free proof of service ID cards at the County Clerk’s main office in the County Courthouse Elizabeth or at the annex office located in Westfield.

Union County veterans who have not yet filed their DD-214 discharge papers can do so by bringing the original honorable discharge papers to the County Clerk’s office in Elizabeth or Westfield office. There is no charge for this service. In addition, veterans who have already filed their DD-214 papers can obtain a copy free of charge from the County Clerk.

Veterans can call the County Clerk at 908-659-7403 for more details information about these free services.

Sign Up for Summit Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

The County Clerk also provides Veteran Peddlers Licenses free of charge. For more information on Veterans Peddlers Licenses, call 908-527-4967.

An online directory of discounts for goods and services offered to veterans by Union County businesses is available by visiting the County Clerk’s Veteran Discounts page at ucnj.org/county-clerk. Businesses interested in joining the directory can fill out an online form in the 'Add Service / Business' tab in the directory.

For a list of veteran’s services offered by the County Clerk, visit ucnj.org/county-clerk/veteran-services. Quick links for additional veteran’s services and programs in Union County are available online at ucnj.org/hero.

The County Courthouse is located at 2 Broad Street in midtown Elizabeth, while the annex office is located in the Colleen Fraser Building at the Union County Complex, 300 North Avenue East in Westfield.