SUMMIT, NJ - Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro will host its first 'wine dinner' in the Hilltop City on May 18, from 7 - 10 p.m.. Guests will enjoy five dishes created specifically for the tasting event along with a hand-picked wine pairing.
Each wine will be selected from the Allegrini Family, straight from Valpolicella, Italy. Valpolicella, one of the most prestigious wine-making regions in Italy, has been dedicated to wine-making since ancient times, and is located in the eastern part of Veneto, between Verona and Lake Garda, with its boundary demarcated to the north by the Lessini mountains.
The full five-course Allegrini Wine Dinner menu includes:
- Red Snapper Crudo – Preserved lemon aioli, fennel and radish salad, basil vinaigrette. Paired with Poggio Al Tessoro Solo Sole 2015 (Vermintino)
- Braised Short Rib & Smoked Ricotta Raviolo – Walnut dust, brown butter, sage and roasted cipollini soubise. Paired with Allegrini Palazzo del Torre 2013 (Venetian Blend)
- Poached Prawn Risotto – Saffron emulsion and vanilla butter. Paired with Allegrini La Grola 2013 (Venetian Blend)
- Dry Aged Sirloin – Potato puree, seared trumpet mushrooms and black truffle jus. Paired with Allegrini Amarone 2011.
- “Strawberry Shortcake” – Rhubarb jam, strawberry basil gelato and rhubarb chip. Paired with Allegrini La Poja 2010.
Tickets to the Allegrini Wine Dinner can be purchased individually for $90, or at a discounted rate of two tickets for $160 by visiting tinyurl.com/piattinoallegrini.
Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro, known for serving up modern twists to traditional Italian fare, opened in January of this year at 67 Union Place in Summit.
Tickets to the Allegrini Wine Dinner can be purchased individually for $90.00, or at a discounted rate of two tickets for $160.00 at the following link:https://tinyurl.com/piattinoallegrini