SUMMIT, NJ - Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro is Summit will host a unique a wine dinner -- featuring various iconic Italian wines -- on Wednesday, September 26, beginning at 7 p.m. The dinner will highlight a variety of Italian winemakers from several regions throughout Italy, including the guest wine producers from TenuteAmbrogioe Giovanni Folonari winery from Tuscany and Medici Ermete winery from the Emilia-Romanaregion of northern Italy, a stone’s throw away from Venice, Florence and Milan.
Known for serving up modern twists to traditional Italian fare with a menu full of new takes on classic entrees, Piattino has created five courses of Italian cuisine created specifically for the tasting event, each paired with a different carefully selected wine. The full five-course menu includes:
- Crispy Goat Cheese – Concentrated Tomatoes, Herb Salad, Hazelnut Oil
- Pairing: Medici Ermete Reggiano da Solo
- Forager Rigatoni – Local Pennsylvania Mushrooms, Foie Gras, Truffle Sauce, Thyme
- Pairing: Campo Al Mare Bolgheri Rosso
- Pistachio Crusted Prawns – Butternut Squash, Aged Balsamic, Brown Butter, Watercress
- Pairing: Cabreo La Pietra Chardonnay
- Braised Lamb Shank – Creamy Cauliflower, Roasted Eggplant, Warm Kale Salad
- Pairing: Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva La Forra AND Medici Ermete Lambrusco Concreto
- Assortment of Local Cheeses from Valley Shepard Creamery – Sage, Honey, Rye Crisp, Blackberry Jam
- Pairing: Medici Ermete|Lambrusco Dolce
Tickets to the Italian winemaker dinner can be purchased individually for $65 in person at Piattino of Summit or by visiting eventbrite.com/e/italian-winemaker-dinner-tickets.
Piattino Summit is located at 61 Union Place.