Youth with special needs and those who could use a little help and encouragement in participating in recreation are welcome to register for several programs being offered again this fall by several neighboring towns and coordinated by TryCAN. Our coaches and instructors and excited to return to help our youth develop skills that may allow them to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience. These popular and affordable classes, open to both residents and nonresidents, also use trained teen Peer Mentors from local middle and high schools to help participants learn and have fun. We have a full schedule of programs:
· Reading Club (ages 5-9) – Thursdays starting September 25.
· Music with Jammin’ Jenn (ages 4-8) – Thursdays starting September 26.
· Basketball Skills – Sundays starting September 29.
· Let’s Pretend play and social group for 3-5 year olds – Saturdays starting October 5.
· Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays starting October 5.
· Social Skills, using technology, for 8-12 year olds – Mondays starting September 30.
· Teen Friendship Group – Mondays starting September 30.
· Lacrosse Skills – Sundays starting November 3.
The classes are held at the Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue. For a copy of the fall flyer with detailed program and registration information and prices, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Summit Department of Community Programs at 908-277-2932, or stop by the Summit Community Center.
TryCAN is a collaboration of several neighboring communities offering an array of recreation programs for children with special needs or those who need special accommodation. There are no non-resident fees involved and all welcome!