SUMMIT, NJ - One new case of COVID-19 in the City of Summit, confirmed on September 17, has brought Summit's cumulative case total since the pandemic began to 246. There are no new cases to report today, and there have been 12 new cases confirmed so far this month.
According to the City, the Westfield Regional Health Department -- specific to the recent confirmed cases -- reports the following:
- Five cases with students living at college and not physically in Summit (using Summit address for paperwork);
- Three cases with other positive household contacts;
- One case with patient with a known exposure;
- Once case with patient that traveled to a high risk state; and
- One case with patient that did not return calls from contact tracers.
The age breakdown is as follows:
- One case under the age of 18;
- Five cases ages 19 to 24;
- One case age 35 to 39;
- Two cases ages 40 to 44; and
- One case age 45 to 49.