ELIZABETH, NJ - The Union County Office on Women is encouraging residents to nominate those who have "muscled their way through this long battle with COVID-19 in Union County" for the Tribute to SHeroes Awards. A 'SHero' is a woman who has demonstrated leadership, pride and commitment to her community in a remarkable manner. To be eligible for this special distinction, nominees must either live in or work with an organization or business in Union County.
Nominations will be accepted by the Union County Office on Women beginning March 1, so now is the time to recognize the neighbors, friends, coworkers, caretakers, sisters, mothers, educators, doctors, nurses and medical personnel of any kind who have selflessly made a difference.
- Must identify as a woman.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must reside in or be employed in Union County, New Jersey.
- Union County Government Employees are not eligible for nomination
Criteria for Consideration
- Nominee must have made accomplishments and demonstrated outstanding achievements in fighting the pandemic and the battle against the Coronavirus / COVID-19.
- Nominator must include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding achievements.
- Nominator must indicate how the nominee has made a difference or improved the lives of the Union County residents or employees based in Union County.
- Nominator must include photo of nominee for publication.
- Nominator must send typewritten nomination – one paragraph long, describing nominee’s distinctions.
Nominations will be accepted through March 31. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, 'SHeroes' will be honored virtually and safely this spring. To submit a nomination, visit ucnj.org/department-of-economic-development/office-on-women/.
“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we continue to be amazed at how resourceful and resilient members of our community have been in their response to unprecedented circumstances,” said Union County Board of Commissioners Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “March is Women’s History Month and the Board of Commissioners is proud to honor the SHeroes within the County who have distinguished themselves as pivotal in helping to get our residents through these difficult times.”
The Union County Office on Women is a division of the Union County Department of Economic Development.