SUMMIT, NJ - Expanding access to college by mobilizing, equipping and empowering a movement of college students helping high school students get to college, 'Let's Get Ready' is set to host a free, nine-week SAT Prep course at the Summit Free Public Library beginning June 16.
Led by college student coaches, who act as tutors / mentors is a small-group setting, the course provides -- in addition to SAT preparation -- college applications assistance, a financial aid overview, and college tours.
'Let's Get Ready' (LGR) students have increased their SAT scores by an average of 115 points, and 92 percent of LGR students enroll in college after completing high school.
Sign Up for E-News
Course details are as follows:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- June 16 - August 11
- Students must attend both nights
- Students must also attend two mandatory practice tests held June 18 and July 30
- Students must take the October SAT
Application acceptance in the program is prioritized by:
- Seniors in the Fall of 2016
- Qualification for the free / reduced lunch program
- Those who are first-generation college bound
- Students that would not otherwise be able to afford SAT Prep / College Application Assistance
To register for the program, become a coach / mentor, or for additional information, visit LetsGetReady.org.
The Summit Free Public Library is located at 75 Maple Street.