SUMMIT, NJ - The Suburban Chamber of Commerce, which advocates for businesses in Summit, New Providence and Berkeley Heights, will bestow its 'Citizen of the Year Award' on Point View Wealth Management's Founder, President and Chief Investment Officer, David Dietze. when the organization hosts its Annual Awards Dinner March 22 at The Grand Summit Hotel.
Marin Mixon, longtime Executive Director of Summit Downtown, Inc., will receive the 'President's Award', and the Mountain Valley Emergency Communications Center will be recognized with the 'Public Service Award.'
Other honorees include the New Jersey Sharing Network -- 'Organization of the Year'; The Prestige Diner - 'Business of the Year"; Peter Twill - 'Silver Service Award'; and Ted Romankow, Veteran's Memorial Park - 'Good Neighbor Award'.
The 'Citizen of the Year Award' recognizes an outstanding, well-rounded citizen who lives or works in our community and has demonstrated exemplary service by way of volunteerism and community involvement."
Dietze, who is called on to make myriad national and international media appearances where he analyzes global financial markets and offers investment / financial management strategies, devotes his time and energies to a an equal number of community causes, including:
- President of Summit’s Board of Education
- President of the Dartmouth Club of Suburban New Jersey
- Board trustee and Chair of the planning and budget committee of the Overlook Foundation
- Vice President of the Summit Area Public Foundation and Chair of its investment committee
- Chair of the investment committee of the Summit Area YMCA
- Head Agent for Dartmouth College's Class of 1978
- Member of the reunion and gift committees for the University of Chicago’s Law School Class of 1982
- Active member of the Suburban Chamber of Commerce and the Canoe Brook Country Club
- Past President of the Rotary Club of Summit/New Providence
- Past President of the Downtown Club
Mixon last month completed her tenure as SDI executive director, a role she occupied for more than a decade.
The Mountain Valley Emergency Communications Center provides 9-1-1 dispatch services for the City of Summit, Borough of New Providence and Township of Millburn.
Tickets for the event, which begins at 6 p.m., are $80 per person -- with tables of 10 available for $800 -- with registration available by visiting suburbanchambers.org.
The Grand Summit Hotel is located at 570 Springfield Avenue.
or Honor our Award Winners by participating in our Journal by clicking the Invitation above or the Ad Journal Card below!