SUMMIT, NJ - The Summit Firefighters Mutual Benevolent Association #54 (FMBA) and Policemen’s Benevolent Association #55 (PBA) will once again partner with the United States Marine Corps Reserve for the annual 'Toys for Tots' Holiday Toy Drive, beginning November 11 and continuing through December 11.
The FMBA and PBA will drop off donated toys to the Marine Corps Reserve on December 12. The toys collected through this program are distributed to children throughout Union County and the surrounding area. In 2015, the Toys for Tots program collected and distributed 18 million toys to seven million deserving children in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
To participate, bring new and unwrapped toys to the donation boxes at the following Summit locations -- during normal business hours -- between November 11 and December 11:
- Summit City Hall, 512 Springfield Avenue
- Summit Fire Department, 396 Broad Street
- Summit Post Office, 61 Maple Street
- Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue
- Starbucks, 2 Beechwood Road
- Summit Area YMCA, 67 Maple Street
- Lakeland Bank, 510 Morris Avenue
- Peapack-Gladstone Bank, 48 Deforest Avenue
For more information about the Toys for Tots Foundation, visit toysfortots.org or contact Fire Department Battalion Chief Paul Imbimbo at 908-277-1003, or Police Detective Sergeant Rick Proctor at 908-273-5871.