SUMMIT, NJ - Two Hilltop City residents -- Emily Dolan and Kate Kelly -- are part of one of the biggest classes of commits in Oak Knoll School history, as 14 members of the Royals' Class of 2018 confirmed their continued commitment to athletic competition by signing early National Letters of Intent.
The student-athletes signed letters of intent or -- in the case of Ivy League institutions -- have become committed to the admissions process. Track and Field athlete Dolan is headed to Lehigh University, while Kelly will be off to Columbia University.
Oak Knoll Athletics Director Kelly Childs lauded the student-athletes and the school's coaches, faculty, staff and parents who have supported them in their athletic endeavors.
“To be a successful student-athlete takes the support from many people along the way, some of whom are in this gym today,” said Childs. “To the coaches here today and cheering you on from afar, they have and they will continue to support your athletic and personal endeavors. Finally, to the parents and family in this gym today, on behalf of your daughters, thank you for the sideline cheers, the rides to and from, the countless pasta parties and pump-up buddy supply runs, and thank you for your support after the best game and the embrace after the worst.”
The committed athletes, who represent Oak Knoll squads each season of competition: fall, winter and spring, include:
- Gabby Andretta ’18, of New Vernon – Princeton, field hockey
- Bella Brosie ’18, of New Vernon – Villanova, field hockey
- Lindsay Criqui ’18, of Essex Fells – Colgate University, swimming
- Elizabeth Denehy ’18, of Essex Fells – Harvard, field hockey
- Emily Dolan ’18, of Summit – Lehigh University, track and field
- Claire Galvin ’18, of Maplewood – Michigan, lacrosse
- Cami Haarmann ’18, of Mendham – Cornell, field hockey
- Kate Kelly ’18, of Summit – Columbia, lacrosse
- Ali McCarthy ’18, of Madison – Princeton, field hockey
- Jordan McGinley ’18, of Morristown – Villanova, field hockey
- Juli Porto ’18, of Berkeley Heights – Stanford, field hockey
- Grace Sanders ’18, of Short Hills – Fordham University, diving
- Ryan Schlageter ’18, of Maplewood – Columbia, lacrosse
- Annabelle Zebrowski ’18, of Verona – Georgetown, lacrosse