SUMMIT, NJ - Summit's Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro, known for serving up modern twists to traditional Italian fare, has announced it will be hosting a Fattoria Di Magliano Wine Dinner October 11, beginning at 7 p.m.
Guests are invited to enjoy five courses of Tuscan cuisine created specifically for the tasting event, each paired with a wine from the Fattoria Di Magliano Italian Winery, which is located a mere 10 miles from the Tyrrhenian coast at 300 meters above sea level. The vineyards enjoy a Mediterranean climate, aiding Fattoria Di Magliano in producing wines entirely from estate-grown fruit, made traditionally from native grapes.
The full five-course Fattoria Di Magliano Wine Dinner menu includes:
- Compressed Pears: ginger & basil syrup, caramelized oranges, watercress
- Pairing: Vermentino, Pagliatura 2016
- Grilled Sardines: scallop carpaccio, Calabrian chili, pickled fennel and mustard seeds
- Pairing: Poggio Bestiale, Bordeaux Blend 2012
- Squid Ink Cavatelli: nduja, braised octopus and anchovy bread crumbs
- Pairing: Morellino di Scansano, Heba 2014
- Braised Short Ribs: pumpkin risotto, cranberry mustardo and charred squash
- Pairing: Sinarra, Sangiovese 2013
- Dark Chocolate and Cherry Tart: cherry fernet gelato and toasted almonds
- Pairing: Capato, Sangiovese 2014
Tickets to the Fattoria Di Magliano Wine Dinner can be purchased individually for $65 in person at Piattino of Summit or by visiting eventbrite.com.
Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro is located at 67 Union Place.