SUMMIT, NJ - Upon the conclusion of the 2017-18 school year, the Summit Public Schools held -- to kick-off preparations for the 2018-19 school session -- its annual Custodial / Maintenance Kick-Off event. Approximately 50 staff members joined together for a breakfast and presentations.
Facilities Director Angelo Palumbo outlined numerous District projects, including:
- Renovations of the Culinary Arts room at Summit High School.
- Renovations of the Lincoln-Hubbard Elementary main office.
- A new playground at Franklin Elementary.
- Improvements to both Wilson and Jefferson Primary Center playgrounds.
- Window replacements at Washington Elementary.
- New LED lights at Lawton C. Johnson Summit Middle School.
- Cleaning and preparation of the classrooms, in anticipation of our returning students thie fall.
Staff were recognized for a combination of "a job well done" and "going above and beyond" in their respective roles. Board President Deb McCann and Superintendent of Schools June Chang congratulated Rodrigo Palomo and Bob Kersting on their Leadership Awards, as well as many others who received Certificates of Appreciation.
Certificate of Appreciation Recipients
Board of Education Administrative Office
Beth Boak *
Summit High School
Jack Sturm (Head)
Jemel Brinson (Night Supervisor)
Lawton C. Johnson Summit Middle School
Chris Pacio (Head)
Sean Mulligan (Night Supervisor)
Brayton Elementary School
Dave McKoy (Head)
Franklin Elementary School
Rodrigo Palomo (Head) **
Lincoln-Hubbard Elementary School
Washington Elementary School
Doug Maddy (Head) *
Nick DelDuca *
Diter Hakrama *
Jefferson Elementary School / Jefferson Primary Center
Bob Kersting (Head) **
Wilson Primary Center / Board of Education Office
Bob Stankwich *
Sal Errante *
Rich Hughes *
Vince Inzillo *
Mike Martin0 *
Anthony Mastrocola *
** Leadership Award
* Certificate of Appreciation