The special dinner, which begins at 7 p.m., will also feature special guest speaker Emilia Nardi, general manager of Tenute Silvio Nardi, who succeeded her father to run Tenute Silvio Nardi in 1990.
The full five-course Tenute Silvio Nardi Wine Dinner menu includes:
- Tomato x4 – Heirloom, confit, jam, water and fresh basil. Paired with Rosso di Montalcino 2015
- Shrimp Diablo Tortellini – Squid ink pasta, peas, fava beans and grated bottarga. Paired with Brunello di Montalcino 2011
- Eggplant “Lasagna” – Braised short ribs, confit tomato and toasted pine nuts. Paired with Brunello di Montalcino 2012
- Glazed Duck Breast – Salsify puree, picked mustard seeds and romanesco. Paired with Brunello di Montalcino Vigneto Manachiara 2012
- Caramelized Plum Tart– whipped cream and toasted almonds. Paired with Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Vigneto Poggio Dorio 2010.
Tickets to the Tenute Silvio Nardi Wine Dinner can be purchased individually for $125, or at a discounted rate of two tickets for $220 by visiting eventbrite.com/e/tenute-silvio-nardi-wine-dinner-tickets.
Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro is located at 67 Union Place and can be reached by calling 908-219-4801.