SUMMIT, NJ - Summit's Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro will host a 'Schug Carneros Wine Estate Dinner' on June 7, beginning at 7 p.m., with guests invited to to enjoy five courses of Italian cuisine created specifically for the tasting event, each paired with a wine from the Sonoma County-based Schug Carneros Estate.
Claudia Schug, the daughter of the winery’s late founder, Walter Schug, will present each wine at the event.
The full five-course 'Schug Carneros Estate Wine Dinner' menu includes:
- Egg Yolk Ravioli -- truffle butter, wild mushrooms, pecorino; paired with Pinot Noir, Carneros 2016
- Citrus & Fennel Salad -- compressed melon, pomegranate, parmesan; paired with Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County 2017
- Rock Shrimp Angolotti -- tarragon, horseradish, lemon, anchovy; paired with Chardonnay, Carneros 2016
- Persimmon Glazed Duck Breast -- spring vegetables, potato, spring garlic puree, pickled mustard seeds; paired with Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma 2014
- Strawberries & Basil Shortcake -- Homemade Limoncello
Tickets can be purchased individually for $75 in person at Piattino or online at eventbrite.com.
Piattino, which serves up modern twists to traditional Italian fare, is located at 61 Union Place.